Friday, November 1, 2013

Macabre Marionette and Reaching Collecting Goals

Today is a fairly momentous day for me. Not only have I added another new pet to my collection, but I've reached another milestone in my collecting goals. :D


After many years of waiting, I can finally say that I'm now a proud owner of the Macabre Marionette. This little guy is absolutely ADORABLE! He dances nonstop, even when in a pet battle.

Since you only need one quest item, but crafting can generate 5, I sent 3 of my alts and a guildmate the materials to make their own Bread of the Dead. Unfortunately, you can't mail the actual bread since there's a limited time duration on it. Now I have a total of 4 Macabre Marionettes, one of which I upgraded to rare with a stone.

The other three remain uncommon and on a bank alt. They're cageable so I suppose it's only a matter of time before I try finding homes for these little guys. Day of the Dead is only around for this weekend, so there are bound to be people who miss it and are looking to acquire the pet.

Needless to say, I immediately began to level this pet up once I got my hands on it. It was the very last pet in my collection (for now) that needed experience and levels.


And with that, I can finally say that all of my pets are rare quality AND level 25! Can I join the Elite Four now? :P

It's a huge achievement for me since it's been one of my goals to get all of my current pets to level 25 before the end of this expansion. Seems like I made it just in time!

There are still some pets for me to collect, so I'm not quite done with everything yet. I'm working on my horde toon to finally earn the Argent Gruntling, and I've been running SoO LFR and normals each week on different characters for a chance at the pets. A few pets will have to wait, since they're not out yet, but there are others that I can work on getting. A friend has graciously offered to let me kill him 85 times to gather the rest of the Bloody Coins necessary to purchase the Vengeful Porcupette. Meep.

One pet that I'm starting to lose hope in ever collecting is the Stunted Direhorn. I honestly hate pet PVP. I've tried it and found it extremely stressful and not enjoyable in the least bit. It's definitely a psychological thing, much like player PVP. The "randomness", although not really random, gets to me and I end up feeling too anxious to make sound choices in my next move.

My total queued matches completed is 4, and out of those I won 2 games. Despite having the pets to make potentially strong PVP teams, I just can't bring myself to do it. At this rate, I'll never be able to add the last direhorn to my collection. Sigh.

For now, though, I'm going to concentrate on getting the pets that I do stand a chance of collecting. RNG is still a bitch, but compared to doing something that causes extreme emotional distress, I'll gladly take on the RNG gods any day. Not saying that RNG doesn't play havoc with my emotions, but it's something that I've grown somewhat accustomed to.

There are 10 pets left for me to add to my pet family (9 if you don't count the direhorn), and hopefully I'll be able to finish collecting and leveling them before the next expansion is released. It's a challenge that I'm willing to take on, all for the sake of my obsession hobby. :P

1 comment:

  1. i've found pet pvp to be quite fun, which is interesting because i hate player pvp and have only made it into BGs courtesy of the legendary quest.

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Perks N Peeves by Quintessence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.