Friday, August 31, 2012

A Scary Seed's Secret

Last night while tending to my farm on the beta, I looted an Ominous Seed! Naturally, I planted it right away.


Now all I have to do is wait for it to finish growing and harvest it at midnight tonight. Hopefully the rumors are true and it drops the Terrible Turnip for me. :)

Here are some extra details that may be significant or may not be:
- Droprate?
I got the achievement Till the Break of Dawn last night as well. I'm not sure if this means I also planted 100+ crops, or if the achievement counts each item received (crops are like herb nodes and can yield anywhere from 1 to 5 of that particular plant). Take that information however you please, but remember that each player will likely experience varying droprates.

- Increased chances?
The seed dropped from a crop (Green Cabbage Seeds) that I chose to plant not because of any recommendations from an NPC or anything like that, but because I needed the mats to continue leveling my cooking skill lol. So I can't confirm whether or not there's anything to boost the chances of looting an Ominous Seed. The trick may just be to keep on planting and harvesting until you find one.
It really does seem like a random drop from any of the crops you plant and harvest on your farm. I don't think reputation with the Tillers has any impact on your chances, but who knows?

Anyway, take this all with a grain of salt for now. More information from other sources will need to be gathered to get a better idea of the Ominous Seed.

I can't wait to check back tonight to see what I get!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Perks N Peeves by Quintessence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.