Saturday, July 5, 2014

Updated Pet Models In WoD

Adal from WarcraftPets noticed a nifty change while browsing through Wowhead's 3D models. Not only will player characters be receiving model updates, so will a few of our pets. Specifically, the companions that use similar player models. This includes Father Winter's Helper, Winter's Little Helper, Rotten Little Helper, Guild Herald, and Guild Page.

Being curious about these changes, I had to log in to see for myself. After taking screenshots from live servers and then capturing images from the beta, sure enough. A side by side comparison reveals that our pets with "humanoid" forms are getting an update.




Unfortunately I wasn't able to compare the Winter's Little Helper with the new version since the beta texture was broken for me. I'm also un-guilded on the beta so I couldn't take a look at the Guild Herald or Page. They both use a standard human and orc model, though, so I'm betting they will have updated looks in WoD too.

I'm not sure if the "kid" model will receive a makeover as well; the other "humanoid" pets, Argent Squire and Argent Gruntling, seem to be unchanged so far.

In any case, it's nice to see that our pets will be getting the same love as players. :)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. @Adal: Thank YOU for pointing it out in the first place. :) It was a great find!

      Delete
  2. But they were so funny!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Perks N Peeves by Quintessence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.