Saturday, September 8, 2012

MoP Beta - Last Minute Changes?

UPDATE: According to Mumper's Tweet, "most were quest pets that were never intended for the pet battle system." So it looks like many if not all the pets on this list will not be capturable in MoP.

Even though MoP is just weeks away, there were some changes in the latest beta build.

Numerous wild pets are no longer in the Pet Journal. It's not clear if they've been officially removed or if the recent patch caused a bug for these companions.
- Amorous Rooster
- Crimson Moth
- Devouring Maggot
- Emperor Crab
- Eternal Strider
- Feverbite Hatchling
- Garden Moth
- Rabbot
- Shrine Fly
- Silkbead Snail
- Wharf Rat
- Wild Silkworm
Although these pets don't exist in the journal (on the beta) at the moment, I did see a few of these in the wild that were still capturable. So perhaps it really is just a bug? We'll see.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too upset to see a few (but not all) of the pets on this list officially removed since they were especially difficult to find and many had low spawn rates/times to begin with. Plus these pets share the same model as other pets, so it's not as if collectors would be losing out on a very unique pet.

If all these companions stay uncapturable, the total number of pets in the journal is 492. Finally, under the 500 cap! But not by much. XD

2 comments:

  1. I'm still not sure how I stand on "non-unique models. I don't know how keen I'll be to collect a pet with a different name but not a different model.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Heartfruit: I know what you mean, and I was a bit hesitant at the beginning too. At first it seemed too repetitive and pointless. But once I found that the pets with similar models could come in so many color variations, it started to look like a better idea. If I can't find a certain color of one pet, I can try to find that color but on a different pet with the same model. :D

      Delete

Creative Commons License
Perks N Peeves by Quintessence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.