Thursday, September 6, 2012

Frog Island

I was on the beta doing more research and data gathering for WarcraftPets, and I somehow stumbled on the strangest island in Krasarang Wilds.


Along the edges of the island, there were signs like the one pictured above. It looks like a red frog, right? It seemed pretty strange to me, and my curiosity got the better of me so I decided to see what this little area was about.

I soon found large boulders with MANY frogs on top of them. This is something I've never witnessed before in-game.


These frogs were just hanging around exactly as pictured above.

The orange ones periodically had a green glow, as if they were casting something, and then they jumped up and flicked out their tongues. In. Unison.

While they performed this odd ritual, the smaller green frogs surrounded them, as if in reverence. It was kind of creepy in a way, lol.

Is this island part of a bizarre quest that involves a large number of frogs in a small area? Are the frogs simply having a frog-only party? There were a few spiny terrapin on the beach, but it seemed as if they were being excluded from all the festivities.

Even though both the frogs and terrapin were critters, none of them were capturable. Frog Island was devoid of any wild pets.

Yup. Just... frogs. XD

8 comments:

  1. I noticed this a while ago. It kept me busy for a while, just watching them and seeing what else was there but couldn't find anything. I was wondering if it was quest related too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Cymre: If it doesn't involve a quest, then this is a very strange island and I would love to know the meaning behind it!

      Delete
  2. One question. Did you happen to summon your own frogs to see what they would do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @rickstaman05: That's a great idea! I'm going to try that next time.

      Delete
  3. Attack the frogs..... and a GIANT one appears?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Antonymous: Haha, I'll have to try that too.

      Delete
    2. I couldn't make it appear again yet. When the screen starts rumbling, look around quick. I died since I was so confused and didn't turn in time to see what killed me (other than a 92 giant frog of some sort) but I'm not sure /how/ since my Battle Log didn't have anything other than the animals I ran from to get to the island. Killed some 300+ frogs when the big one appeared first time. Got another 500+ frogs without screen shaking before I logged to go sleep.

      Delete
  4. From your picture, these guys look just like Jubjub at the Darkmoon Faire, in case anyone wants a companion with this unique design. It's an involved quest chain, so if you want to get started before the Faire comes next week now is the time.

    I once read zoologists have found live frogs in rocks...maybe these poor blokes missed the boat.

    btw I named mine Convertible :)

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Perks N Peeves by Quintessence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.