Friday, November 4, 2011

4.3 PTR: Holiday Pets BoE

MMO-Champion is reporting a very interesting change that was discovered on the 4.3 PTR: many holiday pets are NOT Bind on Pick Up anymore! They are currently Bind on Equip on the PTR. :O

Here are the holiday pets have been noted to have changed to BoE:
- Spring Rabbit's Foot (Noblegarden)
- Truesilver Shafted Arrow (Love is in the Air)
- Captured Flame (Midsummer Festival)
- Sinister Squashling (Hallow's End)
- Pint-Sized Pink Pachyderm (Brewfest)
- Feline Familiar (Hallow's End)
MMO-Champion also notes that the Winter Veil pets have been changed as well, but just their tooltips have been altered. They've always been BoE:
- Green Helper Box (Winter Veil)
- Red Helper Box (Winter Veil)
- Jingling Bell (Winter Veil)
- Snowman Kit (Winter Veil)
As you can see, not all of the holiday pets are listed. Those that aren't included above may have also been changed to Bind on Equip, or they may not.

Another thing to note is that the pets on the list are PURCHASABLE companions. They are the holiday pets that can be purchased from a seasonal vendor or from the AH. Pets such as the Frigid Frostling and Toxic Wasteling, which are currently exclusively found through the holiday loot bags after your first holiday boss kill of each day, are still showing as Bind on Pick Up on Wowhead's PTR database.

We'll have to wait and see whether or not this change to the holiday companions goes live. Blizzard could change their mind before the patch's release date. Or it could just be a very big bug, but it's unlikely since this change seems to span multiple in-game seasonal events.

I'm actually slightly looking forward to this change. It will mean I'll have to destroy fewer pets just because my character already knows them. Plus if this change goes live I think many of my alts will be receiving presents in the mail during specific holiday events! :P

5 comments:

  1. I guess all these pet changes are in preperation for pet battles in MoP. I bet they want to make sure we can send/sell these pets so everyone gets a chance to have them.

    I think we'll be seeing a lot of pet changes over the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Raax: Mhm, most definitely. Even if the pet battles feature gets scrapped, this change will still benefit many players imo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH. I JUST deleted a bunch of Spring Rabbits I've been holding for years 'in case they ever make them BoE' to make room for transmog stuff. Figures! I can't really complain about the change though... I just wish I'd known last week! I had so many extra tricky treats on my main toons but never had it in me to do a ton of trick or treating on alts 4 and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Or known this before I deleted millions of squashlings last week, too... Oh well, at least I'll be able to pay a ton of gold to the hoarders that kept them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Diana: I know what you mean! My bank and bags are so full, I haven't bothered to keep any duplicate pets I've picked up. Oh well. There are plenty of upcoming holidays to collect more pets from, and hopefully 4.3 will come out soon so I can finally make some room in my inventory!

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
Perks N Peeves by Quintessence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.